As was recently announced, Dave Massaron has accepted a position with General Motors and will step down from his position at Wayne State University on Dec. 15, 2023. Bethany Gielczyk will serve as chief financial officer and interim senior vice president for business affairs and treasurer.
To continue our forward momentum, Wayne State is currently seeking the next senior vice president with experience in institutional business strategy, private-public partnerships and other third-party deals, real estate transactions, and city placemaking strategy. The university has contracted SP&A Executive Search, which brings demonstrated record in diverse leader placements, and has appointed a search committee to identify the best fit for this position. The search committee includes:
· Laurie Clabo, Committee Chair, Acting Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs
· Ali Abolmaali, Dean, College of Engineering
· Matthew Allen, Professor of Chemistry
· Linda Beale, Professor of Law
· Richard Bierschbach, Dean, Law School
· Rob Davenport, Associate Vice President, Facilities Planning and Management
· Bethany Gielczyk, Chief Financial Officer, and Interim Senior Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
· Denise Lewis, retired partner at Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP (WSU Foundation Board)
· Patrick Lindsey, Vice President of Government and Community Affairs
· Patricia Romer, Associate Vice President for Student Auxiliary Services and Chief Housing Officer
· Thane Peterson, Vice Dean of Finance and Administration, School of Medicine
· Ned Staebler, Vice President for Economic Development and President and CEO of TechTown
· Erika Wallace, Director of Athletics
A webpage with a prospectus and application information will be available on the Executive Searches page of the president’s website as soon as it is finalized. The campus community is encouraged to share this posting with potential candidates who are believed to be a good fit with Wayne State’s needs.