As the semester progresses, the Study Skills Academy invites students to participate in a free, virtual Academic Stress Support Group. The group will meet weekly through Zoom on Tuesdays from 2 to 3 p.m. beginning Sept. 15 and ending Dec. 8.
Open to both undergraduate and graduate students, the group sessions will offer a confidential, safe space to practice academic stress management techniques. Students may participate on a drop-in basis as they are available.
The conversations are led by an experienced Study Skills specialist, who is committed to providing students with evidence-based, realistic tips to help improve learning and academic outcomes. While the focus of each session will be tailored to the individual goals of participants and vary based on group members’ needs, some topics include:
- Meditation and reflection to de-stress
- Self-efficacy and attribution theory
- The practice of flow state
- Creating morning and nighttime routines
- Managing time and increasing productivity to reduce stress
- The importance of sleep and nutrition in managing academic stress
To learn more or request topics, email Zeina Ghoul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting ID: 983 6742 5950