With fall classes in full swing, all students are reminded to take a few additional steps before coming to campus to help protect the health and safety of themselves and the Wayne State community. Below are some frequently asked questions:
What steps must I take before coming to campus?
- Complete the Warrior Safe training modules: The online Warrior Safe training provides an overview of COVID-19 and a guide to staying safe on campus.
- Fill out the Campus Daily Screener: Beginning two days (48 hours) before coming to campus and every day afterward, fill out the Campus Daily Screener — available on the Wayne State website and on the Wayne State mobile app. This applies to all course-related experiences, including clinical or field experiences that might be conducted in another site.
- If you are cleared to be on campus, you will receive a bar code that you may be asked to produce.
- If you are not cleared to be on campus, you will be contacted by the Campus Health Center staff for further screening. You may then be cleared, or you may be referred for testing.
Do I have to complete the Campus Daily Screener if I live on campus?
Yes, everyone who plans to be on campus must complete the screener each day, beginning two days (48 hours) before coming to campus.
Do I have to wear a mask and/or complete the Campus Daily Screener?
Yes. Remember, all students must abide by the Student Code of Conduct, which has been updated to include a section on COVID-19 mitigation compliance.
What if I have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone confirmed to have the virus?
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (new cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, loss of taste or smell) or if you have been exposed to someone confirmed to have the virus, you must stay home. For those who experience symptoms of COVID-19, the Campus Health Center will arrange testing for you. The Campus Health Center can be reached by phone at 313-577-5041.
Can I get a COVID-19 test?
For those who experience symptoms of COVID-19, the Campus Health Center will arrange testing for you. The Campus Health Center can be reached by phone at 313-577-5041.
How is Wayne State preventing the spread of COVID-19 on campus?
Wayne State has enacted new cleaning and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, in addition to new guidelines that help all Warriors play a role in contributing to the health and safety of our campus community:
- Face coverings: Until a vaccine is available, the most effective way to protect yourself and others is to be 100% consistent in wearing a face covering at all times in public spaces. Students received a Wayne State face covering — a great way to show your Warrior pride while keeping safe — in their Warrior swag bags, but you may also bring your own. Information on proper use of face coverings is available at the CDC's website.
- Social distance: Follow guidelines posted in hallways, elevators, parking structures, restrooms, and at entryways and exits to maintain social distance. Leave six feet of physical distance between yourself and others at all times.
- Hand-washing: Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds several times throughout the day. Hand-sanitizer dispensers have also been installed in every building.
- Classroom safety: Furniture in classrooms has been arranged to facilitate social distancing; please do not re-arrange the furniture. Comply with all posted guidelines in campus buildings, classrooms, laboratories and common areas.
Where can I find additional information or ask a question?
For more information about Wayne State University’s coronavirus response, or to submit a question, visit wayne.edu/coronavirus/student-information.