Election 2020 U.S. Foreign Policy Forum, co-hosted by Wayne State University and the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). Panelists will include former government officials from Republican and Democratic administrations, who will discuss issues central to U.S. national security and of particular importance to Michigan. Topics include:
- How can business, labor and government collaborate to reduce poverty on regional and global bases?
- Will the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement benefit American workers?
- How will the trade war with China impact the automotive industry?
Monday, Feb. 24
5:30 p.m. – Doors open
6-7:30 p.m. – Forum program
Community Arts Auditorium, 450 Reuther Mall, Detroit
- Richard N. Haass, president, CFR; former special assistant to President George H.W. Bush, 1989-93
- Stephen J. Hadley, principal, RiceHadleyGatesManuel LLC; former national security advisor to President George W. Bush, 2005-09
- Jeh Charles Johnson, partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP; former U.S. secretary of homeland security to President Barack Obama, 2013-17
- Penny Pritzker, founder and chairman, PSP Partners LLC; former U.S. secretary of commerce to President Barack Obama, 2013-17
- Moderator, Bianna Golodryga, senior global affairs analyst at CNN
The event, which is free and open to the public, also will be livestreamed at wayne.edu/live.
For further information and to confirm your attendance, visit Election 2020 U.S. Foreign Policy Forum.
- Media representatives planning to attend the forum should RSVP by emailing Tom Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.