Reach Out to Youth tells young students they have a place in medicine
The 2023 recipient of the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award.
“It means so much to me to have been chosen by the students for this award.”Read more
Share your story
The School of Medicine Office of Public Affairs and Publications is always open to story ideas of all kinds. Please let us know about the things important to you. We frequently cover research news, appointments and achievements, and events involving the School of Medicine community. If you have an idea, please share your story ideas below.
- Call for abstracts: College of Nursing welcomes urban health topics for 2024 conference
- Kim lab secures more than $3 million from National Institutes of Health to combat therapy-resistant cancers
- Medical students showcase success of Vaccine Ambassadors Program at national conference
- Dr. Messman to take part in national Doctors with Disabilities panel discussion Dec. 12
- Warriors in the Community, Episode 33: The Michigan Poison & Drug Information Center
In the news
- Anxiety can often be a drag on creativity, upending the trope of the tortured artist
- If anxiety is in my brain, why is my heart pounding? A psychiatrist explains the neuroscience and physiology of fear
- United Auto Workers strike – if it happens – should channel the legacy of Walter Reuther, who led the union at the peak of its power
- US preterm birth and maternal mortality rates are alarmingly high, outpacing those in all other high-income countries
- Immunity for witnesses is a key tool of prosecutors, whether they’re charging Trump or other alleged criminals – here’s how it works and what the limits are