FestiFall will take place on Wayne State University’s main campus from noon to 3 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 29. The event is WSU’s annual opportunity to showcase hundreds of student organizations, campus departments, learning communities and services to students and their guests
Here are five reasons you should attend FestiFall:
1. It’s a WSU tradition — Student organizations, Greek life, schools and colleges, departments, business units, and more come together to celebrate what makes WSU great! It is the first time new students have an opportunity to see all the great things WSU has to offer.
2. Free stuff — With so many groups hosting tables at FestiFall, you’re guaranteed to pick up some sweet swag. You can also visit the “Trade-for-a-Tee” table where you can turn in a shirt from any other school in exchange for a Wayne State shirt.
3. Food and music — FestiFall features a picnic-themed lunch that includes hotdogs, veggie burgers and ice cream treats — all to the sounds of DJ Twist, who will provide the FestiFall soundtrack.
4. Join a student org — Discover groups with interests similar to yours. There are more than 400 organizations registered for FestiFall You might meet your next BFF!
5. It’s fun — Seriously, where else can you eat liquid nitrogen ice cream made by the Chemistry Club, listen to great tunes and find out about the Wayne State Squirrel Watching Club?