Wayne State University has once again been recognized as a leader in graduate education by U.S. News & World Report. The organization’s 2023 Best Graduate Schools list includes several WSU programs and departments, with 30 listed among the top 100 in their disciplines. Last year, Wayne State had 21 programs and departments listed among the top 100 in their disciplines.
Wayne State University’s Mike Ilitch School of Business, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Nursing, School of Social Work, Law School and School of Medicine each placed on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools list.
Best of the best
While each program is ranked on a variety of factors and methodologies are updated annually, key considerations among the U.S. News & World Report rankings included enrollment, student GPA, post-degree career placement, faculty accomplishments, student-to-faculty ratio, and application and acceptance rates. Some rankings also consider peer assessments. Prospective students can see how Wayne State University compares to other institutions and how the rankings are calculated at USNews.com.
Below are the Wayne State graduate programs that ranked in the top 100 for their discipline by U.S. News & World Report. The full list of ranked programs is available on the Graduate School website and through the official U.S. News & World Report list of Best Graduate Schools.
College of Engineering
- Industrial Engineering, ranked #55
- Chemical Engineering, ranked #77
- Biomedical Engineering, ranked #88
- Computer Engineering, ranked #94
- Mechanical Engineering, ranked #99
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Audiology, ranked #46
- Chemistry, ranked #75
- English, ranked #82
- Psychology, ranked #80
- Speech-Language Pathology, ranked #82
- Public Affairs/Administration, ranked #88
- History, ranked #92
- Sociology, ranked #100
College of Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing, ranked #32
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, ranked #40
School of Medicine
- Most diverse medical school, #28
- Most graduates practicing in areas with shortages of health professionals, #58
- Medical research, ranked #68
- General primary care, ranked #86
- Most graduates practicing in rural areas, #98
School of Social Work
- Master of Social Work, ranked #36 overall
- Law (part-time), ranked #17 overall
- Law (full-time), ranked #58 overall
- Clinical Training Law, ranked #35
- Health Care Law, ranked #60
- International Law, ranked #67
- Criminal Law, ranked #72
- Constitutional Law, ranked #73
- Environmental Law, ranked #80
- Tax Law, ranked #85
- Trial Advocacy, ranked #89
- Contracts-Commercial Law, ranked #97
About Wayne State University
Wayne State University is a premier urban research institution offering approximately 350 academic programs through 13 schools and colleges to nearly 25,000 students.
About U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is the global leader in quality rankings that empower consumers, business leaders and policy officials to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives. A multifaceted digital media company with Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews platforms, U.S. News provides rankings, independent reporting, data journalism, consumer advice and U.S. News Live events. More than 40 million people visit USNews.com each month for research and guidance. Founded in 1933, U.S. News is headquartered in Washington, D.C.