Phillip Levy, M.D., M.P.H.
A recognized expert in cardiovascular research, Phillip Levy, M.D., M.P.H., is a professor of emergency medicine and assistant vice president of translational science and clinical research innovation at the School of Medicine. Levy also serves at the chief innovation officer for Wayne State University Physician Group. He has been at the forefront of testing Detroit citizens and first responders during the coronavirus pandemic, and has offered his expertise about the importance of community testing. Levy is a fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology, as well as a standing member of the National Institutes of Health’s Cancer, Heart and Sleep Epidemiology Study Section. He is also the chair of the American College of Cardiology’s Cardiovascular Service Accreditation Management Board and president of the metro Detroit affiliate of the American Heart Association.
Levy’s expertise includes:
- Population-level cardiovascular disease reduction
- Hypertension and hypertensive heart disease
- Acute heart failure
- Chest pain care
- Cardiac biomarkers
- Clinical trials operations and management
- Animal models of cardiovascular physiology/pathophysiology
Selected media clips:
- dBusiness: Ford and Wayne State expand Mobile COVID-19 testing
- Crain's Detroit Business: Better antibody tests are ramping up in Michigan; here's what they look like
- dBusiness: Detroit COVID-19 testing
- WDET: Wayne State study offers guide to reopening businesses safely
- dBusiness: WSU researchers study industry characteristics to guide openings in face of COVID-19
- The New York Times: COVID-19 testing for anyone draws a crowd in hard-hit Detroit
- Vox: COVID-19 is disproportionately taking black lives
- WXYZ: Prescriptions hurdles hinder COVID testing in Detroit
- Iosco County News Herald: Detroit hospital systems and WSU collaborate to bring COVID trials to southeast Michigan
- Dearborn Press & Guide: ACCESS providing drive-through COVID-19 testing for first responders, medical personnel
- Detroit Free Press: 2 of Detroit’s homeless positive for COVID-19 as city adds 300-plus beds, testing
View his complete faculty profile here.