The Campus Health Center and Nursing Practice Corporation are hosting the 2019 Mid-America College Health Association (MACHA)’s Green Light to Wellness Conference at Wayne State University October 24-25, 2019.
MACHA provides networking, educational opportunities, support and advocacy for a diverse group of professionals who provide health care and promote disease prevention and healthy lifestyle choices for college and university populations. In doing so, the MACHA participants are integral to the academic mission of their institutions and play a vital role in the well-being of society.
The conference — which draws professionals from universities across Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana and Ontario — features educational sessions, poster presentations, keynote speakers, networking events, complimentary meals, Mental Health First Aid Training, wellness activities like yoga and mindfulness, and more. There are several WSU leaders scheduled to present, including:
- Wanda Gibson-Scipio, Ph.D., FNP-BC, FAANP, ATSF, College of Nursing
- Marla Garmo, LMSW, School of Social Work
- Stephanie Kastely, M.A., L.P.C., WSU suicide prevention coordinator
- Jennifer Ahlquist, M.S.N., RN, ANP-BC, College of Nursing
- Shelee-Ann Flemmings, WSU Counseling Services
For additional information, contact the Campus Health Center at 313-577-5041.