The future of public sector unions and collective bargaining will be the topics of a conference presented by Wayne State University's Labor@Wayne.
12:30-4:15 p.m., Monday, May 21, 2012.
Wayne State University McGregor Memorial Conference Center, 495 Ferry Mall, Detroit.
• Mark Gaffney, Teamsters; Marick Masters, Labor@Wayne: 12:30-1:15 p.m. (introductions).
• Barry Bluestone, Northeastern University; Jeff Keefe, Rutgers University: 1:15-2:15 p.m.
• Chris Michalakis, Metro Detroit AFL-CIO; Herbert Sanders, AFSCME Council 25; Phil Thompson, SEIU Local 517; Diann Woodard, American Federation of School Administrators: 2:15-3:30 p.m.
• David Hecker, AFT Michigan, keynote speaker: 3:30-4:15 p.m.
• Michigan Labor Management Association
• Metropolitan Detroit Chapter of ASPA
For further information, contact the Office of Special Events and Services at 313-577-0300.
Wayne State University is a premier urban research institution offering more than 400 academic programs through 13 schools and colleges to nearly 32,000 students.