Reach Out to Youth tells young students they have a place in medicine
The 2023 recipient of the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award.
“It means so much to me to have been chosen by the students for this award.”Read more
Share your story
The School of Medicine Office of Public Affairs and Publications is always open to story ideas of all kinds. Please let us know about the things important to you. We frequently cover research news, appointments and achievements, and events involving the School of Medicine community. If you have an idea, please share your story ideas below.
- Experience in Pharmacology lab inspires high schooler to start nonprofit
- Wayne State leads trials for new device that detects major strokes before arriving in ER
- Morhaf Al Achkar, M.D., Ph.D., named associate center director for Education at Karmanos
- Landmark discovery follows Wayne State pediatric researchers’ study of teen brothers with rare immune system disorder
- Wayne State University announces the creation of two research centers and institutes that aim to impact the health of Detroiters and beyond
In the news
- Anxiety can often be a drag on creativity, upending the trope of the tortured artist
- If anxiety is in my brain, why is my heart pounding? A psychiatrist explains the neuroscience and physiology of fear
- United Auto Workers strike – if it happens – should channel the legacy of Walter Reuther, who led the union at the peak of its power
- US preterm birth and maternal mortality rates are alarmingly high, outpacing those in all other high-income countries
- Immunity for witnesses is a key tool of prosecutors, whether they’re charging Trump or other alleged criminals – here’s how it works and what the limits are