Black History Month: Remarkable moments at the School of Medicine
The 2023 recipient of the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award.
“It means so much to me to have been chosen by the students for this award.”Read more
Share your story
The School of Medicine Office of Public Affairs and Publications is always open to story ideas of all kinds. Please let us know about the things important to you. We frequently cover research news, appointments and achievements, and events involving the School of Medicine community. If you have an idea, please share your story ideas below.
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, local stakeholders host free Black Men’s Health Symposium
- Detroit research team to develop novel strategies to identify genetic contributions to cancer risk and overcome barriers to genetic testing for African Americans
- Michigan Poison and Drug Information Center at WSU issues warning about antihistamine misuse
- Wayne Med-Direct student using school, work to give back to Detroit
- "It’s Racism Not Race" panel discussion set for Feb. 28