News and Announcements
- Official Notice of Public Meetings
OFFICIAL NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
The Wayne State University Board of Governors and three of its standing committees will meet on Friday, December 5, 2014 in Room FGH at McGregor Memorial Conference Center, 495 Gilmour...Nov 26 2014
- Updated: Student Center Building phones being installed throughout the day
- 150+ temporary phone lines are completed, more being installed throughout the day. Details on computing.wayne.edu.Nov 26 2014
- WSU accounting student interviewed by ValuePenguin.com
- Alex Atanasovski, a senior in accounting and president of WSU's Beta Alpha Psi chapter, spoke with ValuePenguin about his experience so far with the School of Business. Atanasovski said that majoring in accounting teaches students important...Nov 26 2014
- Student Nurses' Association hosting supply drive for homeless
- The WSU Student Nurses Association is hosting a supply drive for the homeless to support the efforts of Burners without Borders Detroit (BwB), a 501c3 that gives direct aid to the homeless who are not in shelters. Items being...Nov 26 2014
- 2014 Thanksgiving Holiday Parking and Shuttle Information
- In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, Wayne State University will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 27 & 28, 2014. During this time, and throughout the weekend, WSU parking services will be limited and the WSU shuttles,...Nov 25 2014
- Two students win Wayne Law Moot Court's Arthur Neef Competition Finals
- DETROIT – Wayne State University Law School students James Buster of Rochester Hills and Ameena Sheikh-Walczak of Clawson won the Wayne Law Moot Court’s Arthur Neef Competition Finals on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
The 2014-15 Moot Court team...Nov 24 2014
- ENGAGE Speaker says holiday season will be fruitful for the economy
- Steve Liesman, CNBC's Senior Economics Reporter, provides hopeful insight for holiday season.Nov 24 2014
- New agreement paves the way for Oakland Community College students to earn WSU business degrees
- The Wayne State University School of Business and Oakland Community College have announced a new agreement that makes it easier for students to earn an associate degree at OCC while earning credit toward a business degree at WSU.
The agreement...Nov 24 2014
- Freep: WSU's McGregor receives preservation award
- November 24, 2014 --
The National Trust for Historic Preservation has presented a National Preservation Honor Award to the Wayne State University for its $1.8-million restoration of the the reflecting pool and sculpture garden at the...Nov 24 2014
- WSU School of Social Work
- Nov 24 2014
- Please consider making a year-end contribution to the WSU School of Business
- As we rapidly approach the end of the calendar year, we ask that you please consider the Wayne State University School of Business in your year-end philanthropy plans. While financial support from our alumni and friends is always vital to our...Nov 24 2014
- WSU School of Social Work
- Social Work lecture highlights need for greater understanding of behavioral disorders
Despite a dramatic increase in research over the past decade, behavioral disorders lag significantly behind substance use disorders when it comes to...Nov 24 2014
- Student Center Building Network Outage
- During construction, a contractor accidentally cut network cables at the Student Center around 9am Monday, November 24. As a result, data networks (Wi-Fi and wired connections) and campus phones are down in the Student Center building...Nov 24 2014
- High Winds, Rain, Snow Affect U.S.
- Nov 24 2014
- Dr. Barry Franklin-Heart and stroke expert to give talk at Croi
- Nov 24 2014
- Faculty and students team up to represent Wayne State at national conference for chemical engineers
- Several Wayne State faculty members and students attended the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) national conference in Atlanta Nov. 16-21, 2014. The AlChE annual meeting is the premier educational forum for chemical engineers...Nov 24 2014
- Electrical engineering student honored at fall conference
- Yasmeen Bazzi, electrical engineering undergraduate student, attended the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineer (IEEE) fall conference on November 13 in Sterling Heights, MI. WSU's electrical engineering department sponsored a table at...Nov 24 2014
- Wayne Law students raise money for charity via ugly holiday sweater battle
- DETROIT – Wayne State University Law School students, faculty and staff voted through holiday charity donations this month for which lucky professor would wear a hideous holiday sweater for an entire day of teaching.
The Battle of the Ugly...Nov 24 2014
- OCC business students can finish bachelor's degree at Wayne State under new agreement
- Wayne State University and Oakland Community College have entered into an agreement that will allow OCC students who have received associate degrees in business administration to transfer up to 82 credit hours to WSU to complete their...Nov 24 2014
- Adobe Creative Cloud Now Available to WSU Departments
- C&IT is pleased to announce that we now offer Adobe Creative Cloud to Wayne State departments. Creative Cloud is the new subscription-based model for Adobe products. Users pay monthly for a service that always has the most recent...Nov 21 2014
- Wayne Law alumnus is political organizer turned ardent labor lawyer
- DETROIT – Labor law attorney Jack Schulz, Wayne State University Law School class of 2013, is pretty sure his application to the Michigan State Bar was among “the most laughable of all times.”
“They had to get criminal...Nov 21 2014
- Research shows anti-HIV medicines can cause damage to fetal hearts
- A study by a Wayne State University and Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Medical Center research team is shedding new light on the troubling question of whether the drugs often given to HIV-positive pregnant women can cause significant...Nov 21 2014
- 11 tips to deal with holiday stress
- With final exams, papers, deadlines, extracurricular activities and a social life to juggle, the amount of tension piling up can feel overwhelming.
Now, add the holidays into the mix and you have a major recipe for stress overload.
Jeffrey...Nov 21 2014
- Hilton and Marriott Cancellation Policy
- Nov 21 2014
- November Scholars Day draws 481 first-year applicants
- The Irvin D. Reid Honors College began its Fall 2015 recruiting efforts by hosting Scholars Day on November 15-16.
481 students participated in Scholars Day - an invitation-only event where the Honors College recruits its freshman class among the...Nov 20 2014
- Wayne Law alumnus spices up legal life with gourmet cooking
- Attorney Nick Roumel was enjoying Greek food before he could talk, and cooking it – and other dishes – with expertise by the time he earned his law degree from Wayne State University Law School in 1984.
“I grew up with bountiful...Nov 20 2014
- Clowning around is serious business for Ahmad Ezzeddine
- A smile instantly washes over Ahmad Ezzeddine’s face when he talks about the Distinguished Clown Corps, a crowd favorite in America’s Thanksgiving Parade.
Ezzeddine, associate vice president of educational outreach and international...Nov 20 2014
- Hiring: Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors
- The Mort Harris RFC is looking to hire Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors. Qualifications include a certification from a nationally recognized institution (ACSM, ACE, NASM, AFAA, etc.). Previous experience preferred, but not required....Nov 20 2014
- Health Leaders Fellowship Application Deadline is December 3
- HEALTH LEADERS FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION AVAILABLE: The application period for the Ecology Center's 2015 Health Leaders Fellowship program is now open. Health students and professionals passionate about improving the health and safety of the places...Nov 20 2014
- EACPHS Board of Visitors scholarship applications due January 8, 2015
- Nov 20 2014