News and Announcements
- Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
- Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On August 7, 2014, President Obama signed into law the Veterans Choice Act. Technical revisions to the Choice Act now allows certain surviving spouses to take advantage of...Oct 30 2014
- James Jackson appointed by President Obama to serve on the National Science Board
- Oct 30 2014
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Department Chair Travels to Latvia and Lithuania
- Mumtaz Usmen, professor of civil and environmental engineering and interim chair of electrical and computer engineering, traveled to Latvia and Lithuania in September for a series of lectures on construction safety, quality and productivity...Oct 30 2014
- Network Services Help Desk to merge with C&IT Help Desk 11/3
- Beginning Monday, November 3, 2014, the Network Services Help Desk will join the C&IT Help Desk to better serve you. At that time the Network Services Help Desk phone number (313) 577-1977 will no longer be available. The C&IT...Oct 30 2014
- Learn about study abroad opportunities at the SBA Study Abroad Fair
- It's that time of year again. Join us on Monday, Nov. 17, at 4:30 p.m. in the Prentis Fishbowl for the School of Business Administration Study Abroad Fair.
Next summer's destinations include China, Central Europe and Italy. All business...Oct 29 2014
- Internal Funding Announcement: request for pilot project proposals from the Center for Urban Responses to Environmental Stressors - LOI's due Nov. 4
- The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) P30 ES020957 "Center for Urban Responses to Environmental Stressors (CURES)" announces a request for pilot project proposals.
CURES is a cross-campus, community-centered...Oct 29 2014
- Alternate registration instructions from C&IT if Schedule of Classes is down
- Students trying to register for Winter 2015 classes have reported slow response time from the Schedule of Classes at classschedule.wayne.edu. C&IT is aware of the system problem and we are working to restore normal service.
In the meantime,...Oct 29 2014
- Wayne Law professor speaks at World Trade Organization
- Wayne State University Law School Professor Julia Qin gave an Oct. 8 presentation at the World Trade Organization in Geneva, commenting on its Appellate Body’s recent decision in the China – Rare Earths case.
About 70 people,...Oct 29 2014
- Epsilon Phi chapter of Beta Alpha Psi recognized as "Distinguished Chapter" for 2013-14
- The WSU Epsilon Phi chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, the international honors organization for financial information students and professionals, was recognized by its national office as a Distinguished Chapter for 2014. To achieve that status, an...Oct 29 2014
- M-1 Rail construction to hinder traffic on Putnam and Woodward; Structure 6 to remain open
- Beginning on Monday, Nov. 3, construction for the M1-Rail project will hinder motor vehicle traffic on Putnam Street, west of Woodward Avenue.
DTE Energy work taking place at the intersection of Woodward Avenue at Putnam Street will prohibit...Oct 29 2014
- Retina study results will enhance, speed treatment decisions for eye diseases
- Oct 29 2014
- WSU to host university-wide grad open house Nov. 13
- Wayne State is hosting Graduate Open House on Thursday, Nov. 13, in the university’s Welcome Center. Prospective students can speak with program representatives while learning about the more than 200 graduate programs offered across the...Oct 29 2014
- Detroit Diesel to Recruit ME and EE Majors on Campus November 13th
- Oct 28 2014
- Class assignment leads student to help Detroit's underserved
- Andrew Michail isn’t the type of person to create an idea and not bring it to life.
When asked during his freshman year to devise a plan to change Detroit, Michail was perplexed that the assignment didn’t ask him to do anything with...Oct 28 2014
- Wayne Law retiree benefits expert files U.S. Supreme Court brief
- DETROIT – How to construe the duration of retiree health care benefits under collective bargaining agreements is before the U.S. Supreme Court, and Wayne State University Law School Associate Professor Susan Cancelosi is weighing...Oct 28 2014
- Security tip from WSU C&IT - the WSU Phish Report
- We're posting weekly tips on how to protect yourself from phishing attacks this October for National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Check out more information here and visit our security website anytime at security.wayne.edu.
Have you...Oct 27 2014
- Wayne State's Department of Anthropology presents: Building Big Markets for Big Pharma
- Wayne State University Department of Anthropology presents:
Dr. Linda Hunt
Professor & Medical Anthropologist
Michigan State University
“Building Big Markets for Big Pharma”
Why do so many people take so many drugs? Nearly...Oct 27 2014
- Priority registration for winter semester starts Nov. 3.
- Calling all WSU business students: Don’t forget about priority registration! Undergraduate and graduate students alike can begin to register for Winter 2015 classes as soon as Monday, Nov. 3.
Here are some tips that may help you get the...Oct 27 2014
- Diverse leaders bringing perspectives to Wayne Law's Detroit Equity Action Lab
- DETROIT – Twenty-six leaders from local organizations working in different ways for racial equality have been selected to be part of the first year’s cohort for Wayne State University Law School’s Detroit Equity Action Lab.
The...Oct 27 2014
- Wayne State research funded by NIH may develop next generation of vaccines against autoimmune diseases
- DETROIT – A major barrier to treating autoimmune diseases such as Type 1 diabetes is the lack of methods to deliver the therapeutics to specific sites such as the lymph nodes. A researcher in Wayne State University’s College of...Oct 27 2014
- New 403(b) / 457(b) Contribution Limits for 2015
- The IRS has announced the 2015 pension contribution limit for 403(b) and 457(b) plans. The new limits are $18,000 for those under age 50 (an increase of $500) and $24,000 if you are age 50 or older (an increase of $1,000). This applies to...Oct 24 2014
- Briones inducted into AAN fellowship
- Tess Briones, Katharine Faville Endowed Chair and associate professor in Wayne State’s College of Nursing, was inducted into American Academy of Nursing (AAN) fellowship on October 18, 2014 in Washington, DC. This designation is...Oct 24 2014
- WSU Announces Academic Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program
- Oct 24 2014
- Travel Warning to West Africa & Surrounding Countries
- On August 28, 2014 the Department of State updated the travel warning in parts of West Africa due to Ebola. The new travel warnings alert U.S. citizens to screening procedures, travel restrictions, and reduced aviation transportation options in...Oct 24 2014
- Host a Detroit Revitalization Fellow!
- Would your organization be interested in hosting a Detroit Revitalization Fellow? We’re seeking employers for our 2015-17 cohort of Fellows.
The Fellows are a network of talented doers who help create a culture of possibility for...Oct 24 2014
- Wayne State researcher receives Komen funding for Graduate Training in Breast Cancer Disparities Research program
- Michele Cote, Ph.D., M.P.H., member of the Population Studies and Disparities Research Program at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute and associate professor in the Department of Oncology at Wayne State University’s School of Medicine,...Oct 24 2014
- Congratulations to Marcia
- Congratulations on getting an award for her MSc thesis in a National Competition from the Mexican Government. Only the top three students received this award. Well done Marcia!Oct 24 2014
- WSU art class holds open transporation design workshop...
- http://events.wayne.edu/2014/10/30/transportation-design-open-community-workshop-55929/Oct 23 2014