News and Announcements
- Dr. Markova appointed interim chair of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences
- Apr 17 2014
- School of Medicine freshmen spend spring break gaining hands-on training during overseas missions
- The first year of medical school lays the critical foundation for clinical success, but the intensive hours spent in lectures and libraries can often leave students yearning for a taste of real-world practice. So it’s not surprising that...Apr 17 2014
- Nursing professor Nancy George named Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- A nurse practitioner leader who has made outstanding contributions to health care through education and policy, nursing professor Nancy George was recently named a Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
A top health...Apr 17 2014
- Executive & Professional Development Welcomes New Associate Director
- Apr 16 2014
- WSU's Elaine L. Jacob Gallery presents PRAXIS through 6/27...
- Apr 16 2014
- Wayne Law Moot Court elects officers for 2014-15
- DETROIT – Seven second-year students have been elected as Wayne State University Law School Moot Court program officers for 2014-15.
New officers are:
Chancellor Frank Moran of Rochester Hills
Vice Chancellor Zachary Rowley of Bay...Apr 16 2014
- New website: Paying for College
- Apr 16 2014
- SBA hosts first-ever Biz Olympics
- The Prentis Fishbowl was the place to be on Saturday, April 12. The first annual “Biz Olympics” had seven five-person teams of business students, faculty and alumni competing for bragging rights … and some pretty nice...Apr 16 2014
- Ditch old electronics during Wayne State University's E-Waste Day
- Are mobile phones, obsolete fax machines or other antiquated electronics collecting dust in your office or storage closet?
If so, consider dropping them off during Wayne State’s annual E-waste Day collection, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on...Apr 15 2014
- Model D: Girls With Guts creates following, gains traction
- April 15, 2014 --
The three young women behind Girls With Guts showed they have what it takes to get a business off the ground in its first year.
The Midtown-based business serves as platform for women battling Inflammatory Bowel...Apr 15 2014
- Model D: Trish's Garage pops up on Woodward
- April 15, 2014 --
A new pop-up retail shop has opened downtown. Ebony Rutherford hopes to be another Detroit entrepreneur success story, one that takes the opportunity of a pop-up store and makes the transition to a permanent location....Apr 15 2014
- CMS and the discovery of the HIGGs
- Professors Paul Karchin and Robert Harr featured in video reporting the discovery of the HIGGs bosonApr 15 2014
- WSU School of Social Work
- Affordable Care Act not enough to conquer health disparities, national social work expert says
Comprehensive health insurance reform will increase overall access to physical and behavioral health care services in the United States, but it cannot...Apr 15 2014
- WSU Innovation Fellows Program Announced. Applications dues May 16, 2014
- Wayne State University’s Technology Commercialization Office (TC) has created the Innovation Fellows Program to cultivate the next generation of chief scientific officers and entrepreneurial scientists for local high-tech industry. The Program...Apr 15 2014
- WSU communication Prof. Rahul Mitra writes on translating the language of corp. social responsibility...
- Apr 15 2014
- WSU accounting majors share their stories with local high school students
- On April 9, the Michigan Accountancy Foundation and the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA) presented the 8th annual High School Leaders Diversity in Accounting Conference at Wayne State University. Students from Cass...Apr 14 2014
- Wayne Law alumni use environmental law to shape future in many areas
- Studying environmental law at Wayne State University Law School has prepared alumni to make an impact locally and beyond in a broad range of areas – from small companies to huge utilities to government agencies.
Francis Grunow, a 2010...Apr 14 2014
- Neha Aggarwal-School of Medicine students honored in campus-wide research exhibition
- Apr 14 2014
- Dr. Jena to give keynote address at Romanian Cell Biology Society Meeting
- Apr 14 2014
- Congratulations to the 2014 NCUR Presenters!
- The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program would like to congratulate the following students for their presentations at the National Conference for Undergraduate Research, held in Lexington, Kentucky, April 3-5, 2014.
Apr 14 2014
- Spring/Summer Semester 2014 Parking Permit Sales
- Starting Monday, April 14th student patrons, and staff who do not receive payroll deductions, can purchase their 2014 Spring/Summer (May 1 - August 17, 2014) semester parking permit online...Apr 14 2014
- WSU CFPCA Profs Anderson, Donnellan, Collins, Court create videos for Favorite Poem Project...
- The national Favorite Poem Project and Chicago's Poetry Foundation chose favorite poems of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and five other Chicagoans to be featured in a video initiative called 'Favorite Poem Project: Chicago.' The series...Apr 14 2014
- In daughter's memory, parents campaign for organ donors at WSU
- Beverly and Tim Butler’s daughter Rebecca was 20 years old when she died of complications related to a rare lung disease. The Wayne State University marketing major was on the organ donor registry waiting for a lung transplant, but it...Apr 13 2014
- Metro+state: Wayne State beats Malone 9-0
- In men’s tennis, host Wayne State blanked Malone, 9-0. Clement Charriere, a marketing major, and Melvin Joseph won singles matches for the Warriors (9-7, 8-2 GLIAC).
Detroit Free PressApr 13 2014
- Wayne Law transactional team competes in nationals; new course planned
- Wayne State University Law School’s team of Christopher Attar and Justin Hanna finished fourth in drafting and sixth in negotiations at the 2014 National Transactional LawMeet.
The competition, hosted by Sullivan & Cromwell LLP’s...Apr 11 2014
- Wayne State responds to the Heartbleed Internet Security Threat
- The Internet security threat Heartbleed has been in the news since Monday, April 7. Passwords and personal information are said to be at risk of falling into unauthorized hands. Wayne State's IT specialists have responded to this...Apr 11 2014
- Graduate Professional Development Seminar -- The Hierarchy of Information
- Apr 11 2014
- Maintenance to the WSU Voicemail System April 5-6 & April 12-13
- The WSU Voicemail System will be undergoing scheduled system maintenance over the next two weekends. Maintenance will be performed from Saturday, April 5 at 10pm through Sunday, April 6 at 8am and Saturday, April 12 at 10pm through Sunday, April 13...Apr 10 2014
- Wayne Law clinic urges new environmental study for I-94 expansion
- DETROIT – At Wayne State University Law School, students in the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic are trying to make sure a new environmental review is performed for a proposed $2.7 billion expansion to Interstate 94 in Detroit.
The...Apr 10 2014
- Today at Wayne State University
- Apr 10 2014