Medical student Sarah Battiston wins Warriors of Distinction student award
M. Safwan Badr
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has appointed M. Safwan Badr to the Michigan Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
Share your story
The School of Medicine Office of Public Affairs and Publications is always open to story ideas of all kinds. Please let us know about the things important to you. We frequently cover research news, appointments and achievements, and events involving the School of Medicine community. If you have an idea, please share your story ideas below.
- Researches identify gene mutation in Black men that causes early prostate cancer
- Wayne State receives $2 million NIH award to purchase state-of-the-art MRI to study brain disorders
- Well Woman Wednesdays employs Mason jars to bring health to Detroit women
- Governor appoints Dr. Chopra to board overseeing state acupuncturists
- Grant will fund scholarships, expansion of M.P.H. program
In the news
- Supreme Court signals sympathy with web designer opposed to same-sex marriage in a free speech case
- Vitamin B12 deficiency is a common health problem that can have serious consequences – but doctors often overlook it
- Air pollution harms the brain and mental health, too – a large-scale analysis documents effects on brain regions associated with emotions
- Meditation holds the potential to help treat children suffering from traumas, difficult diagnoses or other stressors – a behavioral neuroscientist explains
- Browser cookies make people more cautious online, study finds