See all news >>
See all news >>
- Stephen M. Lanier appointed as Wayne State University vice president for research
- DETROIT — After a nationwide search, Stephen M. Lanier has been appointed Wayne State University’s vice president for research, effective June 16, 2014.
Lanier is currently the associate provost for research and professor of cell and...Apr 22 2014
- The future of high-speed rail in the U.S. and beyond: Wayne State receives grant to examine development of high-speed rail in the U.S.
- DETROIT – Wayne State University, in partnership with the University of Michigan and Drexel University, has launched a two-and-a-half-year study of the imagination — or l'imaginaire — of high-speed rail (HSR) in America....Apr 21 2014
- Wayne State University receives $1.7 million NIH research award to discover novel treatments for methamphetamine-abuse associated neurotoxicity
- DETROIT — A Wayne State University professor recently received a nearly $1.7 million grant from the National Institutes of Drug Abuse of the National Institutes of Health to explore whether proteasome and parkin — two components of the...Apr 7 2014
- Wayne State University receives grant from USGS to advance ecological restoration efforts in the Great Lakes
- Donna Kashin (Top) and Jeffery Ram (Bottom)
DETROIT — Foreign mussels hitchhiking to the Great Lakes in the ballast water tanks of international freighters are becoming one of the most vexing environmental...Mar 21 2014
- 'Super circles' to lessen rush-hour headaches
- DETROIT — While Mother Nature continues to challenge drivers across the country, a team of traffic engineers is working hard on a new way to make rush-hour commutes safer and faster in any weather.
“We can’t do much about...Mar 4 2014
- FDA approves new MS treatment regimen developed at Wayne State University; Higher dose, fewer injections for patients around the world
- Global research overseen by and conducted at the Wayne State University School of Medicine will immediately change the treatment regimen of millions of multiple sclerosis patients around the world.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration Tuesday...Jan 30 2014
- Research team led by Wayne State discovers single gene in bees separating queens from workers
- Discovery may provide key to increasing agricultural economy in Michigan and beyond
DETROIT — A research team led by Wayne State University, in collaboration with Michigan State University, has identified a single gene in honeybees that...Jan 30 2014
- Wayne State University research suggests potential treatment for better heart health in patients undergoing hemodialysis
- DETROIT — Researchers at Wayne State University have discovered a potential way to improve the lipid profiles in patients undergoing hemodialysis that may prevent cardiovascular disease common in these patients. Patients undergoing...Jan 14 2014
- Wayne State cholesterol study shows algal extracts may counter effects of high fat diets
- Bloomfield Hills, MI - Health Enhancement Products, Inc. (OTC.BB:HEPI.OB – News), in conjunction with Wayne State University’s Department of Nutrition and Food Science in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, announces the...Dec 20 2013
- Wayne State University physicists publish observation of the "Charming Socialites"
- Mark Mattson (Top) and Paul Karchin (Bottom)
DETROIT — Protons and neutrons, the particles in an atomic nucleus, are made of smaller pieces called "quarks." Some types of quarks can form...Dec 20 2013
- Wayne State University discovers new treatment for skin and corneal wound healing in diabetic patients
- DETROIT — Diabetes Mellitus (DM), a metabolic disorder that affects nearly 170 million people worldwide, is characterized by chronic hyperglycemia that disrupts carbohydrate fat and protein metabolism resulting from defects in insulin...Dec 12 2013
- Five Michigan universities awarded National Science Foundation partnership grant to improve academic success
- DETROIT — The National Science Foundation has awarded a collaborative $1.32 million grant to five Michigan universities for a project that will increase the academic success of underrepresented minority graduate students and postdoctoral...Dec 11 2013
- Simon, Coleman & Wilson: We can't afford to slash research funding
- An engine robbed of fuel slows and then sputters to a halt. Nobody understands such mechanics better than people in Michigan.
Today, it is innovation and talent that fuel our economy, secure our freedom and ensure an improved future. They are...Dec 9 2013
- Wayne State University professor receives prestigious award from American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
- DETROIT — Andrew I. Port, Ph.D., associate professor of history at Wayne State University, has received the prestigious DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Prize for Distinguished Scholarship in German and European Studies from the...Dec 5 2013
- Wayne State University part of team on worldwide exclusive license for novel approaches to manage cancer and related conditions with green tea extracts
- DETROIT — Wayne State University, along with McGill University and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, have executed an exclusive worldwide license with Viteava Pharmaceutical Inc. for an intellectual property portfolio claiming composition...Nov 26 2013
- Wayne State University receives DOD grant to study the role of microRNAs in prostate cancer racial disparities and aggressiveness
- DETROIT — African American men have a 60 percent higher risk of developing prostate cancer than European American men, and a 2.4 times higher risk of dying from the disease. Some of the reasons can be attributed to differences in screening...Nov 13 2013
- Wayne State University and Northwestern University researchers discover specific inhibitor for rheumatoid arthritis treatment
- DETROIT — Collaborating with researchers from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, a research team at Wayne State University’s School of Medicine led by Kezhong Zhang, Ph.D., has contributed to an important...Nov 12 2013
- Wayne State University part of scientific team celebrating Nobel Prize for Higgs Discovery WSU researchers available for comment regarding Nobel Prize in physics
- From top to bottom: Paul Karchin, Robert Harr, Alexey Petrov, & Gil Paz
DETROIT — The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences today announced the Nobel Prize in...Oct 8 2013
- Wayne State receives $1.57 million grant to develop enhanced radiation therapy training program
- Michael Joiner (Top) and Monica Tracey (Bottom)
DETROIT — The number of patients receiving radiation therapy in the United States for cancer treatment is expected to increase by more than 20...Sep 25 2013
- Detroit Medical Center Physician and Chief of Perinatology Research Branch of NICHD/NIH at Wayne State University Dr. Roberto Romero Named Editor in Chief of American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
DETROIT - Roberto Romero, M.D., D.Med.Sci, Detroit Medical Center (DMC) physician and chief of the National Institutes of Health’s Perinatology Research Branch at the Wayne State University School of...Sep 19 2013
- New Wayne State University multiple sclerosis study offers hope for MS patients
- DETROIT — A groundbreaking study in multiple sclerosis focusing on “remyelination in the brain” has been initiated by Omar Khan, M.D., professor and chair of neurology at the Wayne State University School of...Sep 18 2013
- Wayne State joins ranks to change how STEM fields are taught at the undergraduate level
- Andrew Feig (Top) and Mathew Ouellett (Bottom)
DETROIT — According to the National Science Foundation, many ongoing federal initiatives focus on raising the baseline performance of all students, but very...Sep 16 2013
- Wayne State University to host lecture with leading heart disease researcher from Stanford University
- DETROIT — On Tuesday, September 10, 2013, Wayne State University will host the 2013 Ahmed H. Zewail Lecture, a program designed to bring distinguished scientists to Wayne State University to convey the excitement of science to students and the...Sep 5 2013
- New surgical tool may help sleep apnea sufferers, Wayne State University researcher finds
- DETROIT — A Wayne State University researcher’s innovative use of a new tool may make surgery a more viable option for sufferers of obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS).
Ho-Sheng Lin, M.D., a fellow with the American...Aug 27 2013
- Wayne State receives grant to reduce emissions of toxic substances by power plants into the Great Lakes
- DETROIT — A team of Wayne State University researchers are working on a technology that could quickly and significantly reduce the emission of mercury and other toxic substances by power plants into the Great Lakes basin.
Carol Miller,...Aug 22 2013
- Exchange program will send Wayne State University science students to Puerto Rico to learn, teach
- Abigail Fusaro (Top) and Carly Nowicki (Bottom)
DETROIT — Two Wayne State University students will attend the University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez Campus (UPR-M) for the next three years as part of a...Aug 20 2013
- Wayne State receives National Science Foundation grant for training future nanoengineers
- DETROIT — According to the National Nano Initiative – a U.S. Government research and development initiative involving nanotechnology-related activities of 27 department and agency units – the demand for...Aug 19 2013
- New book by Wayne State professor explores health at the nano scale
- DETROIT — A Wayne State University School of Medicine professor has published a book that covers new advances in nano cell biology, nano medicine and imaging modalities.
“NanoCellBiology: Multimodal Imaging in Biology &...Aug 9 2013