News and Announcements
- Social Responsibility
- CoCurricular MPAC Seminar - August 31, 2015
Guest Lecturer: Doug Skrzyniarz and Blake Stanford
Topic: Social Responsibility
Time: 12 - 1 p.m.
Location: Margherio Conference Center
Coordinator: Doug SkrzyniarzAug 3 2015
- Where is the SAA link in Academica?
- The SAA link is now under Employee> Administrative Systems> Begin OSFA Student Award Authorization Process.Aug 3 2015
- Tom Gage, Tigers beat writer and Wayne State alum, joins National Baseball Hall of Fame
- Tom Gage, long-time baseball writer for the Detroit News and alumnus of Wayne State University, was awarded the 2015 J.G. Taylor Spink Award during the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum's induction weekend July 24-27, 2015, in...Aug 3 2015
- Welcome to Academica!
- Academica is now Wayne State's official portal. Academica provides access to all the same employee and student features and services as Pipeline: time sheets, registration, TravelWayne, pay stubs, class schedules,...Jul 31 2015
- Ensure your campus calls get through -- Dial 9+1+Area Code+Phone Number
- The campus-wide telephone system upgrade to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones continues to move forward. Many buildings will have their VoIP phones go live today. Because of an AT&T limitation, 5-digit...Jul 31 2015
- College of Engineering to honor three distinguished alumni at annual Night of the Stars
- Wayne State University’s College of Engineering will recognize exemplary alumni during its annual signature event, Night of the Stars, on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015, at the Detroit Institute of Arts.
Three alumni will be inducted into the...Jul 31 2015
- "Small Talk with Mark S. Lee" broadcast live from Swing for the Students golf outing
- "Small Talk with Mark S. Lee" was broadcast live from the historic Detroit Golf Club July 20 for the WSU School of Business' 9th annual Swing for the Students golf outing. Dean Robert Forsythe and Associate Dean Margaret Smoller...Jul 31 2015
- Reminder: Academica replacing Pipeline July 31
- Academica is almost here! Beginning this Friday, July 31, Academica will replace Pipeline as Wayne State's official portal.
Don't worry! Academica provides access to all the same employee and student features and services as...Jul 30 2015
- Yazaki executive joins Wayne State's College of Engineering Board of Visitors
- Douglas Burcicki, BSEE ’93, a Wayne State University alumnus and vice president of Yazaki’s General Motors Customer Group, recently joined the Board of Visitors in the university’s College of Engineering. As a member of the Board...Jul 30 2015
- WSU business school development director named LEAVE A LEGACY co-chair
- LEAVE A LEGACY - Southeast Michigan has named Stephen Moore, director of development and major gifts at Wayne State University School of Business, one of three co-chairs for 2015-16. As a co-chair, Moore will oversee a regional public awareness...Jul 30 2015
- University Symphony Orchestra announces Fall 2015 auditions
- Auditions will take place on Wednesday, August 26 and Thursday, August 27.
The University Symphony Orchestra is open to both Music majors and non-majors. All students, regardless of major, must audition to be concidered for the...Jul 30 2015
- Back to School Deals from Dell for WSU Students! [PDF]
- Visit Dell.com/Wayne for all the latest deals.Jul 29 2015
- Ph.D. students win national fellowships for work on education, health care
Two doctoral students in the Wayne State School of Social Work have received prestigious national fellowships to support their dissertation research on educational and health outcomes of high-risk individuals.
Shantel Crosby...Jul 29 2015
- Wayne State among top 50 safest college campuses in nation
- Wayne State was commended for providing safety and security measures that ensure lower rates of criminal incidents and behavior. The WSU Police Department (WSUPD), in particular, is noted for programs it has developed and administered for students...Jul 27 2015
- Drop-in Advising for Fall 2015
- The University Advising Center will offer advising services on a drop-in, first-come, first-served basis from Monday, August 31 through Friday, September 11, 2015. We expect heavy demand for service, so plan to arrive early in the day to limit your...Jul 27 2015
- Chair of civil and environmental engineering interviewed by the Detroit Free Press on the state of Michigan's roads
- Joseph Hummer, professor and chair of civil and environmental engineerings was recently interviewed by the Detroit Free Press on the state of Michigan's roads. Excerpt below:
Michigan’s flat 19-cent-per-gallon fuel tax hasn’t...Jul 27 2015
- Art Prof. Richardson contributes sculpture to Indiana Univ. East's campus...
- John Richardson, WSU art professor and art department chairperson, installed one of his sculptures on the campus of Indiana University – East, in Richmond, Indiana. His work is part of a national, peer-reviewed, outdoor sculpture exhibition...Jul 27 2015
- Talking about teaching: SLIS faculty share pedagogy expertise
- It’s never too late to learn from your peers. Ask retiring Professor Bob Holley, who participated in the School of Library and Information Science’s inaugural “Faculty Showcase” held April 15. Holley, who joined the faculty...Jul 24 2015
- School Recognizes Outstanding Students and Alumni
- SLIS celebrated its best and brightest April 23 at the Annual Recognition Ceremony held at the McGregor Conference Center on the Wayne State campus.
Alumni, staff, students, faculty, and donors were all recognized for their support of the School...Jul 24 2015
- Alumni Elected to Mi-ALA Leadership Positions
- Congratulations to SLIS alums Paul Gallagher, MLIS '09, and Nancy Beals, MLIS '05, who have both been elected to leadership positions in the new organization, Mi-ALA, the Michigan Academic Library Association. Gallagher was elected to the...Jul 24 2015
- SLIS at ALA Annual Conference 2015
- SLIS continued its tradition of hosting a booth at the American Library Association (ALA) annual conference. This year the conference took us to San Francisco from June 26 through 29. Many alumni stopped to say hello and added a...Jul 24 2015
- Alumni News: Mark Bowden, MLIS '96
- The WSU Alumni Spring 2015 magazine has a great feature story on the Burton Historical Collection at Detroit Public Library, which recently turned 100. Burton director and SLIS alum Mark Bowden, MLIS '96, is interviewed, along with current SLIS...Jul 24 2015
- Wayne State to lead $4.8 million NIH study that will teach an old drug to maintain its tricks
- DETROIT – With the decline of the development of new antibiotics due to the complexity and expense of discovering them, there has been a rapid growth of antibiotic resistant pathogens that is one of the leading causes of death. With the help...Jul 24 2015
- Wayne State to lead $4.8 million NIH study that will teach an old drug to treat superbugs
- With the decline of the development of new antibiotics due to the complexity and expense of discovering them, there has been a rapid growth of antibiotic resistant pathogens that is one of the leading causes of death. With the help of a nearly $4.9...Jul 24 2015
- DMC Foundation supports Wayne State's Make Your Date program
- The Make Your Date program at Wayne State University has received a $100,000 grant from The DMC Foundation that will be used to expand existing processes and services for expectant mothers to reach their due dates.Jul 23 2015
- Reminder: Academica replacing Pipeline July 31
- Do you currently provide any documentation for faculty, staff, and/or students about Pipeline? Wayne State's new portal Academica will be officially replacing Pipeline on July 31. Your materials...Jul 23 2015
- College of Engineering professor receives Fulbright Award to teach in Latvia
- Marcis Jansons (pictured right) is combining his cultural heritage with his engineering expertise. The Wayne State University associate professor of mechanical engineering has received a Fulbright Award to teach in Latvia beginning in...Jul 23 2015
- Public relations program receives advantageous national accreditation
- The national governing board of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) awarded its Certification in Education for Public Relations (CEPR) to the undergraduate public relations program in Wayne State University’s Department of...Jul 22 2015