News and Announcements
- Two 1971 Wayne Law alumni awarded during State Bar banquet
- Two alumni from Wayne State University Law School’s class of 1971 were among those honored during the State Bar of Michigan’s Annual Meeting in Grand Rapids.
John McSorley, a shareholder with Garan Lucow Miller PC, received the...Sep 22 2014
- Wayne Law alumni win Michigan Super Lawyers status
- DETROIT – Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has released its 2014 lists of top attorneys, and Wayne State University Law School graduates represent nearly 30 percent of the Top 100 Michigan Super Lawyers.
Twenty-nine of the Top 100 are Wayne...Sep 22 2014
- Wayne law alumnus fights to 'bring the law to justice' in civil rights cases
- Tony Paris, a 2007 graduate of Wayne State University Law School, fights for workers’ civil rights every day – work he finds compelling and meaningful.
He’s the lead attorney at Detroit’s nonprofit Sugar Law Center for...Sep 22 2014
- GSRD Judging Sheets
- GSRD Presenters,
If you would like copies of your judging sheets from either Oral or Poster sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and ask Daniel Radecki for you sheets. Your score sheets will be sent to you...Sep 22 2014
- Silicon Mechanics and WSU to Celebrate HPC Cluster Donation
- Silicon Mechanics, Inc. announces its participation in a ribbon cutting ceremony celebrating Wayne State University’s receipt of a high-performance compute cluster as part of Silicon Mechanics’ 3rd Annual Research Cluster Grant. The...Sep 19 2014
- Acclaimed author Charles Baxter to speak at Wayne State University Sept. 22
- Sep 19 2014
- How do I connect my iOS 8 device to WSU-SECURE?
- Sep 19 2014
- Experts to discuss international commercial arbitration Oct. 2 at Wayne Law
- DETROIT – Current issues in international commercial arbitration will be the topic of a panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 2, sponsored by the Program for International Legal Studies at Wayne State University Law School.
The event will be from...Sep 19 2014
- Julian Bond to offer free public lecture Oct. 23 at Wayne Law
- DETROIT – Activist Julian Bond will speak about the role the law has played in encouraging and thwarting the civil rights movement Thursday, Oct. 23, for the sixth Damon J. Keith Biennial Lecture at Wayne State University Law School.
The...Sep 19 2014
- 2015 MAGS Distinguished Master's Thesis Awards
- Sep 19 2014
- Expert on indigenous mental health joins WSU School of Social Work Faculty
An expert on suicide and resilience within Native populations has joined the full-time faculty of the Wayne State University School of Social Work, expanding the school’s expertise in the areas of indigenous mental health,...Sep 19 2014
- Apply Now to present at the WSU Undergraduate Research Conference
- Wayne State Undergraduate Research Conference
McGregor Memorial Conference Center
Friday November 14, 2014
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) invites you to present your research or creative project at our annual...Sep 18 2014
- The Alumni Association is Coming to a City Near You!
- We will be hosting a series of events in cities around the country as part of our campaign for Wayne State University.
Join us for a reception and program celebrating the pivotal moments that have defined our university's history and will...Sep 18 2014
- CFPCA presents BERG/BRONER: Sculpture and Prints by WSU Mid-Century Modernists
- Detroit Jewish News
Art Among Friends: WSU presents exhibit of sculpture and prints by two influential Detroit mid-century Modernists
by Suzanne Chessler
Irving Berg and Robert Broner, longtime friends as well as fellow artists and educators...Sep 18 2014
- Attorneys to discuss labor law Oct. 2 for Wayne Law Alumni Speaker Series
- DETROIT – Labor law will be the topic Thursday, Oct. 2, for the opening presentation of the 2014-15 Wayne State University Law School Alumni Speaker Series.
Four panelists, all Wayne Law alumni, will participate. The discussion will be from...Sep 18 2014
- Notice more freshmen on campus? There's a good reason
- If you thought Wayne State was an exciting place to be this fall, you’re not alone. More than 7,000 new students enrolled for fall classes in 2014 — an increase of almost 700 students compared to last year.
With more new stores,...Sep 18 2014
- Wayne Law Professor Schroeck serving in leadership role for ABA publication
- DETROIT – Wayne State University Law School Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck has been appointed as The Year in Review vice chair for the Water Resources Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Environment,...Sep 17 2014
- Wayne Law Review Symposium on white collar crime sentencing set for Oct. 24
- DETROIT – This year’s Wayne Law Review Symposium will bring together judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, academic experts and a former criminal Friday, Oct. 24, to discuss the topic “Sentencing White Collar Defendants: How Much...Sep 17 2014
- Quit Monkeying Around - Switch Your Surveys to Qualtrics
- The Qualtrics Research Suite is available free-of-charge across campus to Wayne State students, faculty, and staff. The application is a user-friendly, feature rich, web-based survey tool which allows users to build, distribute, and...Sep 17 2014
- Helpful Tips and Tricks for USA Jobs
- Sep 17 2014
- JFK International Workers Staging Strike
- Sep 17 2014
- Wayne Law seeks leaders as first cohort for Detroit Equity Action Lab
- DETROIT – Wayne State University Law School’s Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights is inviting leaders from local organizations to apply to join a yearlong cohort group for the new Detroit Equity Action Lab.
In July, WSU was awarded...Sep 17 2014
- Honors Senior Lecturer garners national attention for classroom exercise
- Professors strive for innovative classroom teaching experiences, and in the case of Irvin D. Reid Honors Senior Lecturer Justin Rex, one successful experience has garnered national attention.
Rex was featured as part of the New York Times...Sep 16 2014
- Model D: Park(ing) day comes to Detroit on Sept. 19
- September 16, 2014 --
On Friday, September 19, Park(ing) Day comes to Detroit.
A one-day, global event where "artists, activists, and citizens collaborate to transform metered parking spots into temporary public...Sep 16 2014
- New Wayne Law professor is expert on prosecuting sex trafficking
- DETROIT – Wayne State University Law School’s newest assistant professor, Blanche B. Cook, brings decades of experience with legal practice to her students and a deep commitment to helping them achieve bright futures.
“Her level...Sep 16 2014
- Free DDOT bus passes available for on-campus residents
- The Office of Housing and Residential Life has partnered with the Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) to offer on-campus residents unlimited rides on all DDOT bus routes throughout September.
This pilot program is being offered as a way...Sep 16 2014
- WSU Career Services Hosts Spotlight Seven Career Fair on November 3rd.
- Wayne State University's Career Services is pleased to announce the new 2014 Spotlight 7 Career Fair!
When: Monday, November 3, 2014
Time: 12:30 p.m. - 5:30...Sep 16 2014
- 2014-15 Maggie Allesee Artist in Residence: Doug Varone
- This year's Allesee Choreographer in Residence is Doug Varone. Mr. Varone, known for his dynamic movement style and his modern dance and opera choreography, directs Doug Varone and Dancers in New York City.
The residency will be...Sep 16 2014
- SLIS Expands MLIS Student Learning Outcomes
- The faculty of the School of Library and Information Science announce an expanded list of Student Learning Outcomes, effective Fall 2014. Expanding this list of Student Learning Outcomes was undertaken to describe more comprehensively and...Sep 16 2014