- Halie Mcintosh Project 5: Paste Up Book
- 3:49 PM Dec 12
- Jessica Bauer Arguments for A Standardized Interview Approach
- 12:04 PM Dec 12
- Jessica Bauer What to Say to a CEO About Coaching
- 11:59 AM Dec 12
- Veronica Bielat ERIC PDF Restoration Project Update
- 11:27 AM Dec 12
- Carmen Gamlin Calling All WSU Civil Engineers Seeking a Full Time Opportunity - Numerous Michigan Based Positions
- 9:53 AM Dec 12
Wayne State student featured as Detroit 2020 "Person of the Week" for mentoring youth
Wayne State University senior Lawrence Robinson has made a big difference in the little time he's volunteered as a mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit (BBBSMD).
The Saginaw native was recently featured as a Detroit 2020 "Person of the Week" for his role as a mentor to 14-year-old Tyler.
Program organizers with BBBSMD, along with Tyler's mom, nominated Robinson for the special recognition. He was matched with Tyler a year and a half ago through the organization.
"I had multiple mentors in my life - football and basketball coaches in high school and mentors in college," says Robinson, a resident advisor and president of the Student African-American Brotherhood. "I have several mentors I can call when I need help."
As National Mentoring Month comes to an end, Robinson encourages caring adults to consider giving back. "You have your life experiences to offer. You can share your victories and lessons learned," he says. "It doesn't matter what career you have. Just do it."
Visit the Detroit 2020 site to read the full story.