- Hannah Mathers Warrior Weekends in the D - Easter edition
- 5:43 AM Apr 18
- Carmen Gamlin Pure Michigan Dream Job Summit 2014 at Ford Field June 13th - Over 100 Employers! Register by April 30th!
- 4:28 AM Apr 18
- Kenneth Smith Is Having a Student Veterans Resource Center Enough?
- 7:28 PM Apr 17
- Kenneth Smith Dear Fellow Veteran - 13
- 7:22 PM Apr 17
- Kenneth Smith Dear Fellow Veteran - 12
- 7:14 PM Apr 17
Wayne State's Jeff Rebudal live at the DIA
Wayne State University Associate Professor of Dance and Choreographer Jeff Rebudal, along with a trio of student dancers, will present a reimagining of Igor Stravinsky's classic ballet The Firebird at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA).
The classic Slavic folktale, set to Igor Stravinsky's groundbreaking score, is part of the DIA's Friday Night Live entertainment series.
Performances will take place at 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, in the DIA's Rivera Court.
The Firebird is presented in conjunction with the DIA exhibition Fabergé: The Rise and Fall, now showing through January 21.
In addition to his work with WSU, Rebudal is the artistic director of New York and Detroit-based Rebudal Dance and is an original founding member of the critically acclaimed Seán Curran Company in which he performed and toured throughout the nation and abroad from 1995 to 2003. Prior to moving to New York, Rebudal performed professionally in Honolulu, Hawaii for where he has born and raised.
For more information, visit www.diadetroit.org.