- Khalled Allie Pecha Kucha. Typographic Logos/Branding.
- 12:07 PM Apr 23
- Carmen Gamlin Join the Hybrid Warriors to add AWESOME to your career portfolio
- 5:55 AM Apr 23
- Carmen Gamlin EcoCAR 2 is Seeking highly motivated, hard-working, ambitious students for sub-team leaders
- 5:23 AM Apr 23
- RAS A1 is Not Just a Steak Sauce
- 5:18 AM Apr 23
- Geoffrey Nathan Maybe our students aren't so savvy after all
- 4:49 AM Apr 23
Bookstore taps tech market
As more and more people do their reading in pixels rather than print, the Wayne State University Bookstore has been redesigned to include a technology department on its main floor.
Customers will now be able to test out laptops and tablets at three demonstration tables and then purchase them, if they choose. The rest of the department will house an assortment of electronic items such as headphones, speakers, voice recorders and laptop accessories.
Jodi Young, general manager of WSU's bookstore, says the product assortment is flexible and can be expanded or changed to meet the campus community's expectations.
"The bookstore is staying true to the times," says Young. "Also, the city doesn't have a lot of options to experience technology hands on, and we want to provide that for our students and other customers."
All Wayne State employees are eligible for a 10 to 20 percent discount on most items in the store, including technology accessories. Exclusions do apply, so visit the store at the corner of Woodward and Warren for details.