- Carmen Gamlin Daimler Trucks North America, LLC is Hiring Engineers for Multiple Positions - 5 Entry Level and 5 Internships
- 5:47 AM Mar 11
- Carmen Gamlin Volunteer Opportunities WSU Engineering Students at Local Elementary School
- 5:23 AM Mar 11
- James Van Loon NSF Strategic Plan for 2014 – 2018
- 4:44 AM Mar 11
- Ahsan Akram 5 New Places to Eat in Midtown Detroit
- 6:44 AM Mar 10
- scholarscooperative Free Radicals?
- 6:44 AM Mar 10
Tony V. breathes new life into Alvin's
When the construction dust finally settles at 5756 Cass, a new restaurant will emerge on the former site of Alvin's, located just a few feet north of the Academic/Administrative Building.
Scheduled to open in early 2013, Tony V's Tavern will offer a menu geared to the lunch, dinner and late-night crowds. Pizzas prepared in a brick oven, specialty salads, appetizers, and a selection of drinks will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Live music also will be featured on weekends in a venue accommodating up to 160 patrons.
Another perk is the adjacent parking structure providing 128 spots exclusively for Tony V's Tavern customers.
Owner Anton "Tony" Vulaj, 42, is no stranger to the Wayne State community. Vulaj, who at the age of 16 traveled solo to the U.S. from his native Montenegro (formerly Yugoslavia), has established successful businesses along the way including the Olympic Grill on Warren and Campus Diner on Cass, a couple blocks south of the new restaurant.
Vulaj says he chose the location for his new tavern primarily for one reason: "The Wayne State community is great!"
For restaurant opening updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-773-1325.