- Carmen Gamlin Daimler Trucks North America, LLC is Hiring Engineers for Multiple Positions - 5 Entry Level and 5 Internships
- 5:47 AM Mar 11
- Carmen Gamlin Volunteer Opportunities WSU Engineering Students at Local Elementary School
- 5:23 AM Mar 11
- James Van Loon NSF Strategic Plan for 2014 – 2018
- 4:44 AM Mar 11
- Ahsan Akram 5 New Places to Eat in Midtown Detroit
- 6:44 AM Mar 10
- scholarscooperative Free Radicals?
- 6:44 AM Mar 10
Winters signs extension with WSU
Wayne State head football coach Paul Winters has withdrawn his name from consideration for a similar position at the University of Akron, and has signed an extension to remain with the Warriors through the 2016 campaign.
"I am ecstatic that Paul has decided to continue as our head football coach," says WSU Director of Athletics Rob Fournier. "His contribution to this university far exceeds what he has meant to the football program and the athletics department. The entire university has benefitted by his leadership and presence. Paul has invigorated this campus and this community. Warrior faithful all over the country will share my sentiments, knowing he will continue to be part of this family."
Wayne State won four consecutive road playoff games in the past month to earn a spot in the Dec. 17 NCAA Division II National Championship game. It was the first post-season appearance for the Warriors, who finished the year with a 12-4 record. The 2011 season, arguably Wayne State's greatest ever, eclipses what was a school record nine wins in 2010.
"I am very excited about what we have accomplished, and I am even more excited about the future," Winters says. "The immediate future means bringing in another great recruiting class."