- Hannah Mathers Warrior Weekend - Spring Break edition
- 3:30 AM Mar 7
- Halie Mcintosh Road Safety in Egypt
- 8:05 AM Mar 6
- Dante' Jones Korean addition to our Detroit flava !
- 7:56 AM Mar 6
- Veronica Bielat Dean Carolyn Shields coeditor of the International Handbook of Educational Leadership and Social (in)justice
- 6:15 AM Mar 6
- Ahsan Akram About Midtown Reviews
- 5:45 AM Mar 6
Urban planning and community building experts to speak at WSU
Can happiness be a catalyst for urban revitalization? The 2013 Van Dusen Urban Leadership Forum at Wayne State University will pair nationally renowned urban planning, creative and design experts with existing and emerging community leaders to explore this very idea.
The forum, titled “Joy: In the midst of transition,” takes place June 17-18 and will be highlighted by a public lecture and panel discussion featuring four national experts, who will share their experiences using the principles of joy and beauty to enrich communities.
Speakers include artist, designer and urban planner Candy Chang; the Laundromat Project’s Executive Director Kemi Ilesanmi; and Archie Lee Coates IV and Jeff Franklin of the multidisciplinary design studio PlayLab.
The public lecture and panel discussion begins at 7 p.m. on June 18 in Wayne State’s Community Arts Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public. RSVP at specialevents.wayne.edu/vandusenjoy.