- WSU Pre-Health Interview Do's and Dont's: Part Two
- 7:52 AM Dec 11
- RAS In The First Year of Funding, My True Love Gave to Me...
- 6:00 AM Dec 11
- scholarscooperative Academia.edu: Elsevier Takedown Notices
- 3:00 AM Dec 11
- SPA NSF Due Dates
- 1:58 AM Dec 10
- WSU Pre-Health Words of Wisdom From Northern Pakistan
- 9:57 AM Dec 9
Wayne State receives Organization of the Year award
On May 1, 2013, Wayne State University received the 2012 Organization of the Year award during The Guidance Center's second annual volunteer recognition dinner for its ongoing partnerships and volunteer initiatives with the non-profit agency.
A few of WSU’s past and present partnerships with The Guidance Center include:
- WSU’s men’s basketball team hosted a basketball clinic for youth in River Rouge;
- Various WSU student clubs participated in the Martin Luther King Day of Service event in collaboration with United Way for Southeastern Michigan;
- WSU students from masters and Ph.D. programs interned in various Guidance Center programs;
- WSU participated in numerous initiatives with the Center’s Kids-TALK program;
- Hilary Ratner, WSU vice president for research, is a committed board member of The Guidance Center.
Nearly 90 guests attended the dinner, which was a memorable night to celebrate volunteerism within The Guidance Center and in the community. Last year, more than 2,100 volunteers donated over 30,600 hours to The Guidance Center programs.