- Carmen Gamlin Student Volunteers are Needed for April 1st Career Expo - Contact Nannette McCleary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10:39 AM Mar 7
- Hannah Mathers Warrior Weekend - Spring Break edition
- 3:30 AM Mar 7
- Halie Mcintosh Road Safety in Egypt
- 8:05 AM Mar 6
- Dante' Jones Korean addition to our Detroit flava !
- 7:56 AM Mar 6
- Veronica Bielat Dean Carolyn Shields coeditor of the International Handbook of Educational Leadership and Social (in)justice
- 6:15 AM Mar 6
Get out and get healthy at the Ladies Night Out Health Crawl May 14
The Wayne State University School of Medicine and University Physician Group will host the Ladies Night Out Health Crawl from 6 to 8 p.m., May 14 at the Somerset Inn, 2601 W Big Beaver Rd. in Troy.
The free event is held in celebration of National Women’s Health Week May 12-18, an annual project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Women’s Health.
Guests can select up to three of eight 30-minute informational lectures presented by doctors of the Wayne State University Physician Group. The event aims to empower women of all ages and backgrounds to make their health a top priority. Mothers, daughters, aunts, grandmothers and girlfriends can nosh on gourmet nibbles and sip wine while attending physician-led health care sessions covering women’s health topics.
Lecture topics include:
- Managing Menopause
- Your Skin: Protect, Prevent and Rejuvenate
- Nutrition and Type 2 Diabetes, "A Modern Disease"
- The Truth About a Woman's Heart
- Making the Most of Your "Well-Woman" Exam
- Do I Have Arthritis? Diagnosing Hip and Knee Pain
- Eye Health 101
- Minimally Invasive Facial Rejuvenation - What's the truth? What is rumor? What's worth it?
Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served at 6 p.m. with lectures starting promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Attendees may also enter to win an Amazon Kindle Fire, courtesy of the Wayne State University School of Medicine and University Physician Group. The event is free and open to the public, however registration is required. Space is limited to 240 people. Register here.